On September 23, we hosted a webinar with Luke Wroblewski on designing for today’s mobile world. The recording of the webinar is now available to view on-demand!
Here are a handful of our favorite quotes from Luke’s presentation:
- “Traffic, commerce, communications, even revenue, is all shifting over to mobile… Mobile, mobile, mobile.”
- “If you look at the paradigm that has emerged over the past twenty to thirty years, for the PC it is windows, icons, menus and pointers… These things translate into the interface we stare at every day [on our PCs], and this starts to become ingrained in our mind as ‘a computing experience.'”
- “Mobile is taking over, but our preconceptions and notions for design are still influenced by the past.”
- “Mobile is relatively new, only six or seven years, and we have a lot of stuff to learn about how to build and design for it. But more importantly, because it is tough to do, we’ve got a lot of stuff to unlearn from those 30 years of the desktop and laptop, the mindset of the graphical user interface.”
- “The issue isn’t whether the call to action is visible. The issue is whether your call to action is visible at the point when someone has become convinced to take action.“
- On mobile, “it’s not a question of simplifying things to make them easy, it’s a question of finding the right time and right place to put information, content, actions, and that’s a hard process.”
For more mobile insights from Luke, watch the full webinar on-demand now!