How product managers guide teams with a meaningful product vision
August 11, 2021 | 45 minutes
Every product team wants to create things that they’re users love. Starting out with a strong product vision can make or break a team’s effort. After all, a compelling vision sets the stage and provides guardrails for a project. It helps your team understand the problem they’re solving, who they’re solving the problem for, and why. Without a meaningful vision, teams can end up with a disjointed solution that simply misses the mark.
Typically, product managers struggle with their product vision in 3 ways:
- They don’t understand what the problem is vs. what the problem isn’t
- The company is missing a strong overall vision
- They receive consistent customer feedback that doesn’t align with the vision
Join Christian Bonilla, VP of Product at UserTesting, and Annie Dunham, VP of Product at ProductPlan, as they reveal tips for taking ownership of the product vision and creating something to guide your team in the right direction. Plus, they’ll discuss how a strong product vision informs your strategy and roadmap.
They’ll tackle common traps to avoid, share real-life examples, and show ways to reinforce the product vision into your team’s day to day.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- Steps to creating a product vision that leads to better outcomes
- How to surface feedback misalignment and recognize when it’s time to pivot
- How to position your vision as an umbrella for the product strategy