UserTesting provides a flexible platform that enables its customers to present digital content (“Content”) to individuals (“Participants”) for their feedback. Customers should be as open and unambiguous as possible when describing the nature of Content that a participant will be exposed to through the UserTesting Platform to avoid situations where participants are disturbed or alarmed by the nature of the Content presented to them. UserTesting reserves the right to immediately remove any Content (or suspend any Test) in violation of this Content Policy. We will endeavor to contact you prior to any such removal or suspension.
If you see a capitalized word in this Content Policy that we have not defined, it has the meaning assigned to it in our standard Terms of Service.
Intellectual Property and Integrity
We prohibit, and reserve the right to remove content that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other person or infringe a copyright in direct violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) or any similar legislation.
We prohibit any attempts to impersonate any other person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization, and reserve the right to remove any content that compromises the integrity of the Platform or UserTesting as a company.
Phishing and Security
We strive to protect the security of our Customers and Participants. We endeavor to ensure Participants are not misled by surveys or forms used for fraudulent or other malicious purposes.
- We will remove any Tests that attempt to collect social security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, or other similar types of Sensitive PII.
- We also remove any Content that publishes a person’s Sensitive PII against their wishes.
- We will remove any Tests or other Content intended to deceive or mislead Participants or other users, including by linking to websites with malicious software such as malware.
- Our Platform may not be used to knowingly and artificially boost or inflate a website, customer list or webpage’s search engine ranking.
- Our Platform may not be used to host content that is merely intended to solicit clicks or website traffic to other sites or to create unsolicited email and/or SPAM (including any conduct that would violate the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 or similar legislation);
Nudity and Sexual related Content
We acknowledge nudity, pornography and gore may have a legitimate place in certain types of platforms. However, we discourage the gratuitous inclusion of such materials on the UserTesting Platform.
- You may not include gratuitous graphic violent material or pornography in Tests.
- We recommend adding a conspicuous warning screen before displaying any material which may be offensive in nature.
- We do not allow Content that depicts, threatens or promotes sexual violence, sexual assault, or sexual exploitation
- We do not allow Content that sexually exploits or endangers children. When we become aware of apparent child exploitation, we report it to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), in compliance with applicable law.
Violent or Graphic Content
We allow graphic Content (with some limitations) to help people raise awareness about issues. We know that people value the ability to discuss important issues like human rights abuses or acts of terrorism. We also know that people have different sensitivities with regard to graphic and violent content. We strongly recommend that Customers add a warning label to any Test that includes graphic or violent Content so that people are aware of the graphic or violent nature before they access the Content.
- We remove Content that glorifies violence or celebrates the suffering or humiliation of others.
- We remove violent or gory Content intended to shock or disgust viewers, or Content encouraging others to commit violent acts.
- We remove Content intended to praise, promote, or aid violent criminal organizations.
- We remove Content, disable accounts, and work with law enforcement when we believe there is a genuine risk of physical harm or direct threats to public safety.
Violence, Bullying and Hate Speech
We remove Content and may report information related to that content to law enforcement authorities if we become aware of, or believe that there exists, a genuine risk of harm or threat to public safety.
- We remove Content that’s meant to degrade or shame, including, for example, claims about someone’s sexual activity
- Our Platform may not be used to directly or indirectly threaten or attack others, or to organize or incite violence, harassment, or property damage.
- Our Platform may not be used for hate speech, or to promote or fund such acts. Examples of hate speech include attacking or advocating for the abuse or exclusion of people based on their ethnicity, national origin, political or religious affiliations, gender, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, disability, medical or physical condition, veteran status, or any protected classes under applicable law.
- Our Platform may not be used to promote or glorify self-harm.
- Our Platform may not be used to bully or harass others.
Suicide and Self-Injury Content
We remove Content that encourages suicide or self-injury, except for use of our Platform to test sites providing services for assisted suicide in jurisdictions in which it is legal.
- We prohibit attempts by individuals, manufacturers, and retailers to purchase, sell, or trade non-medical drugs, pharmaceutical drugs, and illegal drugs through our Platform.
- We also prohibit the purchase, sale, gifting, exchange, and transfer of firearms, including firearm parts or ammunition through our Platform.
Last updated: September 26, 2019