According to CIODive, 70% of web traffic happens on a mobile device. It doesn't look like mobile isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, so it’s important to consider the different ways audiences may consume your content, especially when it comes to mobile app design. Are you designing for mobile accessibility, a mobile app, or a mobile website? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve gathered 23 resources to help you take your mobile experiences to the next level and create designs that truly delight.
1. 10 Do’s and Don’ts of Mobile UX Design Adobe shares some practical tips on what you should and shouldn’t do when designing a mobile app. 2. Designing a Mobile App? Don't Make These 10 Mistakes Here are 10 common pitfalls to watch out for as you design your app, from overstuffing the interface to starting with low-res images. 3. Mobile-first: 10 quick tips about ergonomy and usability Here are 10 quick and basic tips to keep in mind when aiming for a successful mobile-first approach.
4. UX And HTML5: Let’s Help Users Fill In Your Mobile Form (Part 1) Take a look at some of the techniques that can help you take your forms to the next level and help users fill them in. 5. Instructional Overlays and Coach Marks for Mobile Apps Providing instructional overlays is a great way to help new users learn their way around your app. Follow these guidelines to make sure your instructions are helpful and easy to understand. 6. 6 User Onboarding Flows for Mobile Apps Discover six app user onboarding flows that businesses use to engage new app users and keep them coming back. 7. Navigating the Mobile Application: 5 UX Design Patterns A mark of a good app is its ability to guide users through the workflow intuitively. This article showcases five patterns that you can use to help users navigate your app. 8. 5 mobile UI navigation patterns for interactive prototypes Check out these five essential mobile UI patterns that make seamless navigation a reality.
9. Designing for large touch screen — Always have the user context in mind Use these tips to design touchscreen experiences that put the user first. 10. Design for Fingers, Touch, and People, Part 1 and Part 2 An in-depth look at how people interact with touchscreen devices and how designers can create better digital products. 11. Touch Targets on Touchscreens Take a look at how touch targets and functionality are just as important as the look and feel.
12. Accessibility in UX: How to make mobile app design work for everyone Explore how to follow the principles of design accessibility and how mobile accessibility can make the world a bit more warm-hearted. 13. Reach more users: 4 tips for designing accessible apps and websites The four important lessons the Google Primer team learned when they redesigned their app and website. 14. The Beginner’s Guide to Accessible Mobile UI Design Take a look at what you should know about accessible mobile UI design, from Android and iOS standards to tools and reference guides you should keep handy.
15. Designing Mobile Interfaces by Steven Hoober and Eric Berkman This book gives practical techniques for capturing users’ interest, along with common patterns for interaction design on mobile. 16. Mobile Usability by Jakob Nielsen and Raluca Budiu This guide from usability leader Nielsen Norman Group covers developing a mobile strategy, designing for small screens, writing for mobile, and more. 17. The Mobile Frontier: A Guide for Designing Mobile Experiences by Rachel Hinman Learn mobile UX design and find out what industry experts are saying about the future of mobile in this book. 18. Visual Usability: Principles and Practices for Designing Digital Applications by Tania Schlatter and Deborah Levinson With this guide for developers and UI designers, you’ll learn how to apply visual design principles to complex app development. 19. Mobile Design Pattern Gallery by Theresa Neil Looking for design inspiration? This book showcases 90+ mobile app design patterns on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
20. Udacity: UX Design for Mobile Developers In this six-week online course, you will learn how to plan and prototype a well-designed Android app. 21. Nielsen Norman Group: Mobile User Experience This full-day training course is offered in different locations throughout the year and gives you the essential UX design principles you need to design great mobile experiences. 22. UX Training: Mobile UX A fast-paced one-day workshop where you’ll learn the fundamentals of designing high-quality mobile interfaces. 23. Interaction Design Foundation: Mobile User Experience (UX) Design This is a self-paced online course that will help you design great mobile user interfaces, with an emphasis on mobile usability best practices.
4 elements that impact finserv first-time mobile experiences 5 reasons you should be testing your mobile experience Top UX masters degree programs The top UX certification programs for design professionals
If you’d like to learn how UserTesting can help you understand your customers through on-demand human insights, contact us here.