What you'll learn
1. An understanding of how your overall product or experience conveys who you are, what you're selling, and why you’re relevant within five seconds or less
2. Feedback to ensure sure your graphics and copy align and convey the right story to your customers
3. A gut check of how your customers perceive your product or experience
4. Whether or not your logos, contact information, and any CTAs are clearly displayed and noticeable when someone initially interacts with the experience
First impressions happen quickly. Studies have found that it takes website visitors only 50 milliseconds, and they can have a long-lasting impact after a customer has interacted with your brand. Discover how you can influence your customers’ opinions in those critical first few seconds or minutes.
Use this template to better understand:
- Initial thoughts about a product and why people respond a certain way
- Reactions to pricing and why people respond the way they do
- The strength of your messaging and images, App Store listings, CTAs, social media posts, and more
- The reasoning behind low conversion rates
As always, it’s better to test early, and often. If following a standard development cycle consisting of research and planning, design, prototyping, development and staging, release, and maintenance, your first impression test should fall in the design stage. This should come after you’ve designed your product roadmap and completed competitive analysis, and before prototyping and development.
If you already have a launched product, this template is still applicable, and offers guidance on your next priority or project. And at the very least, you’ll have new knowledge of how your brand is perceived.
Competitive analysis with UserTesting
To stay ahead of the pack, brands often analyze the competition’s strengths and weaknesses to devise winning strategies. This guidebook provides ideas for how UserTesting can help you better understand your competitive differentiators as well as identify areas of opportunity.
Now that you know how to use this template to fit your needs, dive into the resources below to learn how teams across your organization can rely on human insight to create successful, customer-centric products and experiences.
Marketing teamsDrive growth with critical insights from real customers about your brand, products, advertising, promotions, and more.
Product and Design teamsCollect feedback on any experience, analyze results, and share findings while saving time and reducing the cost of rework.
Forrester: UserTesting delivers a 665% ROI over three years
A recent Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) Study, conducted by Forrester on behalf of UserTesting, illustrates how organizations using the UserTesting Human Insight Platform can realize $2.03M in value and 665% in ROI over a three-year period.